is a business organisation representing almost 200 businesses, large and small from all commercial sectors in Mullingar. Our vision is to stimulate economic development making our community a better please to live and work.
The Chamber consists of a team of professional staff and volunteers, whose mission is to enhance the current business climate in Mullingar by moulding a better community, creating more employment, promoting Mullingar and its districts as a prominent place to do business, an advantageous location for industry and a rewarding tourist destination.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead and develop our vision and mission statements into a strategic set of goals and a plan for the future.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO will have overall functional responsibility for all aspects of the business including but not limited to: Strategic Management, Marketing and Events Management, Financial Management and Financial Control, Human Resources and Organisation Development, Public Relations and Communications and Overseeing key chamber projects and initiatives.
Reporting to the Board of the Chamber, the duties of the CEO will include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction to deliver on the strategy for the benefit of the Mullingar business community as agreed with the Board.
- Lobby and represent the Chamber and its members in its dealings with key stakeholders including government departments, state and EU agencies, regulatory bodies, politicians and private organisations.
- Develop Membership services and the member numbers.
- Report to the Board in an efficient and effective manner on the key performance issues relating to the Chamber.
- Administer the affairs of the Chamber in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Chamber.
- Play a lead role in representing the Chamber and its members through strong media interaction and personal professional profile.
- Optimise the existing sources of funding and providing leadership and innovation to attract new sources.
- Represent the Chamber on various Boards at the behest of the President.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualification and competencies:
- Preferably educated to Degree or Masters level in a relevant discipline
- Senior management experience in a relevant business
- Strong people and change management experience
- Excellent communications presentation and media/PR skills
- A proven leader with excellent strategic abilities
- General Management experience covering, finance, HR, sales, marketing PR, IT, regulatory compliance.
- Strong numerical and reporting skills
- A proven track record of achievement and innovation particularly in a business development mode.
- Proven track record in networking and building strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience of working for a representative body including dealing with a board.
Proficient in the use of social media and media channels
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org