Nelipak with a great opportunity for an R&D Engineer
Nelipak Healthcare Packaging
Are you looking for a great opportunity as R&D Engineer?
Then we are looking for you!
An opportunity exists for a full-time, permanent R&D Engineer, reporting to the R&D Manager, to join our state of the art plant in Clara, Co Offaly. The R&D Engineer will support and contribute to packaging development programs, providing solutions valued by our customers and driving profitable growth.
Work will include applications development, new materials introduction, materials enhancements and/or cost-out initiatives.
In this role you are responsible for:
- Collaborate to understand customer packaging needs and rapidly drive the development and implementation of products and/or processes aligned to customer/market needs and business strategy.
- Understand the unmet packaging need and assign most applicable material combination from Nelipak Portfolio to customer’s needs.
- Exchange technical information to customer and stakeholder requests toward solving a customer / technical need.
- Learn production equipment capability on Nelipak sites to be able to deliver the optimum packaging solution.
- Drive the definition of critical to quality specifications for packaging solutions.
- Ensure proper documentation of work and contribute to knowledge library.
- Work with Senior Product Development Engineers and Procurement to scope and initiate vendor programs, including new raw materials introductions
- Collaborate with areas such as Engineering, Operations and Quality to resolve technical challenges, supporting sustained solution ownership.
- Follow and/or develop standard operating procedures and train/share with others to advance company operation
- Work with Product Engineers to prepare product specifications
- To ensure that all products are developed in a controlled manner and adhere to existing regulatory requirements.
- Ensure activities on assigned projects are within budgets and scheduled.
- Produce regular progress reports on assigned projects and interim or monthly reports as required.
- Qualification and validation of new products, materials, equipment or methods according to internal and international quality standards and requirements.
- Evaluation of competitor products where applicable to new development and keep up to date with current changes in technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Positive attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Customer First approach.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement..
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
A primary degree in Polymer science and/or a degree in Engineering would be an advantage.
At least 2 years relevant experience in industry in an R&D or Engineering position in the Health-Care industry.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to comprehend other software programs outside of Microsoft.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
For additional information on Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, please visit our website on www.nelipak.com. Nelipak Healthcare Packaging is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of religion, gender or disability