Senior Design Engineer
Aubren Ltd design, make and deliver outstanding air handling products.
The company has been providing this design and manufacture expertise to our wide range of clients for almost 20 years allowing them to focus on the commercial aspects of their product. Aubren is a outsource manufacturer providing a full lifecycle service including concept design, component sourcing, costing, design for manufacture, prototyping, product testing, customer trials, scaled production and field support. We help our clients accelerate their product release by providing expertise in design, fabrication, and logistics.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a full-time senior design engineer based at our Portlaoise facility.
- Design sheet metal electro-mechanical products using Creo Parametric.
- Project manage designs for air handling equipment from prototype to production. - Render product designs for client meetings/sign-off using Creo Render Studio.
- Manage Release process ensuring the product is fully defined and checked including accurate bill of materials prior to production release.
- Source parts/material from suppliers and ensure accurate costs and supplier information is available to purchasing.
- Provide full assembly documentation including assembly runners, wiring schematics, piping diagrams and quality recording.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients and actively participate in client design review meetings.
- Focus on product quality ensuring client expectations are met and products are fully tested and documented.
- Provide product costings and documentation to the sales team as required based on customer drawings and specifications.
- Complete site commissioning of design products as required. All safety precautions and best practices for on-site work to be followed. Complete site method statements and risk assessments as required.
- Participate and utilise lean principles within the engineering department.
- Be a role model for the company culture and safety procedures.
- Ongoing training will be provided as part of this role to ensure design skills are continually improved and expanded.
The candidate will be expected to actively engage with the Creo eLearning facility and maintain up to date knowledge on the use of Creo parametric.
- Engineering Degree (Level 8 or higher) in mechanical, manufacturing, mechatronic, electrical, electronic, industrial design or similar discipline will be considered.
- 3+ years experience design of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Proven hands-on management of large projects preferably in the HVAC sector.
- Well-developed 3D CAD design skills using Creo Parametric or similar.
- Attention to detail for both design and BOM release. - Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Professional manner when working with customers and other staff when leading a build.
To apply please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org