Citizens Information Service
Since the 29th June 2020, the Citizens Information Service are offering a limited appointment based service in addition to our phone and email service. An Information Officer will assess the need for an appointment via telephone. If offered an appointment, the caller will be required to complete a health & safety questionnaire and will be given an appointment slot to attend their local Centre. They must follow all public health guidance and health and safety guidance issued by the Service when offered an appointment.
Citizens can access information and advice (and possible appointment) from the following contact points:
- Athlone CIC Telephone: 0761 07 6610 Email:
- Mullingar CIC Telephone: 0761 07 6660 Email:
- Tullamore CIC Telephone: 0761 07 6290 Email:
- Portlaoise CIC Telephone: 0761 07 5590 Email:
Citizens Information is committed to providing both phone and email responses in a timely manner during these difficult and uncertain times. We urge citizens to please contact our local centres with their queries.
Alternatively, citizens can contact the:
- National Citizens Information Phone line 0761 07 4000 between 9.00am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Request a call back from the Service by filling out our new ‘Request a Call back’ service which can be accessed via our website at:
You can continue to contact your local Centre by email or phone using the details in our Find a Centre page on our website.
Citizens Information Services are supported and funded by the Citizens Information Board. Through trained staff, the Citizens Information Services provide free, impartial and confidential information, advice and advocacy services to the public.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you can find comprehensive integrated information online at citizensinformation.ie/covid19/ and you can get daily updates on what’s changed on Twitter at @citizensinfo or on the Citizens Information Facebook page.
Citizens Information – a source you can trust.