Decision To Reduce Allocation For SNAs In Schools Makes No Sense
The Big Story
Tuesday, 17 February 2026 - 12 minutes
A Laois mum says her six-year-old son won't be able to attend school, if two SNA posts are terminated.
Aisling Donoher is making the comments after a number of schools, including her child's school, Rath National School, were told last week they're allocation of special needs assistants will be cut in September
She says Dan has a range of complex needs and needs one-on-one support.
Junior Education Minister, Michael Moynihan, says schools can ask the National Council for Special Education to reconsider the outcome of reviews.
Ms. Donoher says she's upset and concerned: