Everybody Else Gets Wet

Homeowners Warned About Increased Fire Risk At Christmas

Decorations, lights, candles and overloaded electrics are being blamed.

People in the midlands are being warned of the increased risk of housefires at Christmas time.

The use of decorations, candles, overloaded electrics and cooking are examples of hazards in the home.

Senior Assistant Chief Fire Officer at Westmeath County Council, Pat Hunt, is advising people to use non-flammable decorations and ensure your Christmas lights are of a high safety standard.

He also says you should be vigilant about being prepared for an emergency, especially with guests staying over:

More from Midlands News

Stay Tuned

Never miss a moment from Midlands 103

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa