Wolfe Tones

Some Say The Divil Is Dead

Midlands Consultant Warning Of Dangers Of Eating Wild Mushrooms

Photo credit: wikipedia.org

It comes after a forager required a liver transplant after eating poisonous fungi.

A HSE consultant in the midlands is warning of the dangers of eating wild mushrooms. 

Dr. Douglas Hamilton says the increasing popularity in foraging isn't matched by public awareness of the dangers of ingesting the fungi. 
 
It comes after two people were left in a life threatening condition - with one requiring a liver transplant after eating poisonous mushrooms.

Dr. Hamilton says the Amanita mushroom can cause catastrophic liver or kidney failure - and grows extensively in Irish woods:

More from Midlands News

Stay Tuned

Never miss a moment from Midlands 103

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa