Gardaí are advising parents to have a conversation with their children about them.
Midlands parents are being reminded to watch out for cannabis-infused jellies, which children may accidentally eat.
The sweets contain THC, which is illegal under Irish law.
It can lead to intoxication and illness and parents should seek medical attention immediately if they become aware a child has eaten the sweets.
Sergeant Graham Kavanagh is the Laois/Offaly Crime Prevention Officer - he says parents need to have the conversation with their children: