There are now 126 people in ICU.
5,634 confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being confirmed today. .
It's the second highest daily case count since January 10th
684 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised - an increase of 16 since yesterday - of which 126 are in ICU.
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health said: “Incidence of COVID-19 is continuing to rise, and today, we are once again reporting a concerning number of confirmed cases.
The health service is asking the public to continue adhering to the following advice:
- If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms at all, isolate immediately and get a PCR test, not an antigen test
- Prioritise who you need to meet and meet others outdoors
- Open windows when indoors
- Avoid poorly ventilated indoor spaces
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a mask