A number of appeals for essential items are underway across the region.
A number of appeals to help those affected by the conflict in Ukraine are underway in the midlands.
Rochfortbridge, Kilbeggan, Mullingar, Athlone and Tullamore are some of the local towns where vital supplies are being collected.
The call-out for items is generally for non-perishable food, toiletries, towels and bedding. Clothing is not being collected at present.
Kristina Mulligan from Rochfortbridge gave the details of the appeal she's involved in on Midlands Today earlier:
There are also appeals for more volunteers to help manage the huge volumes of the items that are being donated.
Kristina says if you know anyone that would like to become involved or know a courier that might help, they are all ears:
- Tullamore - Renata Kapturkiewicz, 0873189167
- Mountmellick/Portlaoise - Basia Michalec, 0860619061
- Mullingar - Magdalena Opala, 0831763144
- Kilbeggan/Rochfortbridge - Kristina Milligan, 0877711970
- Athlone - Nicole Lonican, 0857803411
Inglot is also organising a collection in Mullingar.
The make up company - which is headquartered in Poland - is arranging a courier and collection point from their depot in Mullingar to get supplies to Poland, where many refugees from the Ukraine are seeking shelter.
Here is a list of items they're collected...
•Thermal blankets, sleeping bags, sleeping mats (with foil insulation).
• Care products: body washes, toothpastes, toothbrushes, hairbrushes.
• Hygiene products: towels, tampons, panty liners, cotton wool, baby wipes.
• New bedsheets, bed covers, pillows.
• Disposables: plates, bowls, cutlery, cup, Tupperware.
• Car seats for children's transportation.
• Baby formula, baby food (with long best before date)
• Toys (soft toys, playing blocks etc).
• Disposable gloves and face masks.
• Sterile dressings.
• First aid bands with dressings.
• Corn removal plasters.
• Bandages: regular and elastic.
• Nappies for children and incontinence pads for adults (all sizes).
• Powerbanks, USB charging cables.
• Battery operated flashlights.
• Noise cancelling headphones and earplugs.
• Pet Food for cats and dogs.
The items are being collected at Unit 16C in Lough Sheever Corporate Park in Mullingar (eircode N91 Y797) this Tuesday from 1pm to 7pm and Wednesday from 9am to 3pm.